Announcing the Annual MLD Scholastic Scholarship
Posted on December 13, 2016 in:
Today, MLD Wealth Management Group, announces the creation of an annual $3,000 scholarship to invest in the future leaders of Canada and the United States. We believe that by supporting the development of students who possess vision, drive, compassion and a thirst for knowledge, we can improve society and drive industry.
“We are looking for stewards of their community who have not necessarily set out to become a leader, but to make a difference, who are focused on the goal and demonstrate what is possible. The MLD Annual Scholastic Scholarship is about celebrating and supporting such students with these attributes. ” – Chad Larson, SVP Portfolio Manager, MLD Wealth Management
Prerequisites (Winners will be verified against below):
-The MLD Wealth Management Group is offering this scholarship to all Canadians and American Citizens.
-You must be enrolled and about to begin studies, currently studying, or have completed your program in the last 12 months in a recognised, Canadian or American post-secondary education institution.
-You are in good academic standing
-Write a letter of intent of no more than 1,000 words detailing why you should be the recipient of this award (all media accepted) including your financial need and how this scholarship would address that need.
-Provide a copy of your most recent transcripts and proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution (once you receive it).
-Provide two letters of reference (one of them from a faculty member or instructor). The reference should be no more than two pages long and outline your involvement in local community initiatives and your likelihood of success in your post-secondary career. At least one reference must be from the applicant’s school.
-Be available for a one-hour interview by telephone
-Send a headshot photograph of yourself if you’ve won the scholarship so we can acknowledge you on our blog.
-The decision of the selection committee is final and is not subject to appeal.
-Award money will be released only after proof of enrollment has been provided.
Application Deadline May 10, 2017
1. Copy the attached Application template.
2. Send Application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: MLD Scholarship Application 2017 + [Your Name]
3. In body of the email include your Name, Address, Age, School you’re applying to or enrolled in, and URL link to your completed application (google doc) – ensure sharing privileges are set so anyone with the link can open
By Regular Mail
2. Copy the attached Application template and complete your application here and print it out.
1. Send the printed out google doc application, along with references and transcripts to: MLD Wealth Management c/o MLD Scholarship 2017, Suite 200, 239 – 8th Avenue SW Calgary, AB, CANADA T2P 1B9
The scholarship winner will be announced via this blog by June 10th, 2017